Evernote is a fantastic tool for the mobile user. It works via a web browser, Mac client, Windows client, iPad, iPhone, and many other PDA devices. The information you store on one is synced up to the cloud and back out to your other devices. They offer a free service with limited storage or a low cost ($45 per year) for a larger amount of data per month.
This is the almost perfect note taking and organizing tool out there today. Notes can be organized into folders. Notes can contain text, rich text, attachments, photos, etc. The system will even index the writing in photos! Search is great.
Here are some ways I use the product…
- Storing articles for reading or referring to later
- Storing copies of travel schedules, train schedules, instructions, etc.
- Storing gift lists with photos if needed
- Tracking all elements of my job hunt
- Copies of resumes and certifications
- Blogging topics and rough drafts
- Meeting minutes
Some of the product features include:
- Full text indexing for search
- Ability to email a note directly from any client
- Ability to email notes into Evernote
- Create audio notes, picture notes (integrates with system camera)
- Web capture of Internet sites
This is an absolutely fantastic product. My life has become much more organized as a result.